Anyone who is even remotely familiar with the import export business knows just how complex an industry it is. Fortunately, technology has made this complicated industry a lot easier to manage than it used to be. ERP software for import export business widely uses. ERP software for import export business allowed to automate and streamline many of their day-to-day business tasks.
One of the earliest ERP software packages was Macola ES. Originating as individual accounting software modules designed for PCs in the 1980s, the product evolved along with computer technology over the years. As companies began to use large-scale computer systems in the 1990s, the software produced by Macola ES expanded and became powerful enough to connect many disparate software programs within a company. Other ERP products were developed and also became widely available in the 1990s and later. Today, ERP software is capable of coordinating the efforts of virtually every department within a company – from accounting to marketing and sales to production to inventory control to human resources and much more. The import export business has benefited greatly from ERP technology.
However, not every ERP product is necessarily right for this industry. If you’re looking for the best import export software for your company, look for these five important characteristics:
- The ability to tracking product inventories all around the globe. This has always been one of the most challenging tasks of any import export company.
- The ability to forecast market demand for product. Once again, this has proven to be a daunting task for import export companies. But the right software can keep accurate track of customer purchases and suggest optimal purchase quantities you’ll need to keep on hand in the future. This will allow you to keep adequate supplies in inventory – not too little, and not too much.
- The ability to overcome language barriers. When you’re dealing with people from around the globe on a regular basis, language differences can become a challenge. Fortunately, the right software will make this problem a thing of the past.
- The ability to assist in prompt delivery of product to customers, as well as projecting future delivery problems. The right software should also be capable of creating a future inventory delivery schedule that’s visible to both suppliers and importers.
- The ability to calculate landed costs, which can include the price of the product, taxes, customs, duties, currency conversion, etc. These calculations can be greatly simplified with the right software.
In an industry as complex as the import export business, finding the right software can mean the difference between just getting by and staying ahead of the competition!